When I say the boys camped out, I have to include the boys next door...the 4 of them were quite the group all summer! It makes me glad that they have neighbors to play with. When I was young, that's what you did... Now a days it's a hard thing to find.
The last day they camped out was August 12... It only made it in the 70's, but more importantly, it was the night of the Perseid meteor shower (I probably spelled that wrong, sorry). It would be much easier to watch it if you were already camped outside...
I happened to get up with Autumn sometime after midnight, and after putting her back down, I headed outside to check on the boys. They were just heading out of the tent, putting blankets on the ground so they could just lie and watch the sky. We watched for awhile, and after a bit of time I saw one...and then a couple of us caught a flash.... I have seen meteor showers before, but it's always thrilling to see a shooting star...
I headed back to bed, tired, but glad that the boys got to see some. I lay in bed with the window open, listening to silence, frogs, crickets, and then "WOOAAAHH!!!" "COOl!!!" Did you see that? "WOOAAAHH!!!!"
Sometimes my favorite memories have no pictures.




No comments:
Post a Comment